It’s a strange time for the world right now. Fear, panic, anxiety and so many other emotions seem to be running rampant because we don’t have clear answers to some very big questions like “How bad is this going to get?”, “How many people have the virus?”, “Will the economy be able to withstand this?”, “Am I going to have a paycheck?”… and the list goes on.
There’s quite a bit that seems out of our control and that can be disconcerting to say the least. While it would be nice for us to offer some concrete answers to ANY of these, just like you, we don’t know. But, we will continue to do what we preach: focus on the things we CAN control. And for the most part, those things have not changed:
- We will focus on our own actions and words, offering calm and measured responses to our friends and family who come to us with concerns.
- We’ll continue to do our own due diligence in reading verifiable reports and statistics so we stay informed without buying into the panic of sensationalized blog posts and the like.
- We’ll focus on doing our part in the efforts to maintain social distance for the greater good of our communities (and consequently the world at large).
- We’ll continue to nourish our bodies with physical activity and a balanced diet (staying healthy is more important than ever!).
- We’ll ❤️ on our family members by checking in on those who can’t go out (our elders and immune-compromised).
- We’ll enjoy the unexpected blessing of extra time with our children and appreciate that we get to have them close to us and safe.
- We’ll focus on the good we see around us and try to spread that joy.
- We’ll allow ourselves space to address our own emotions and stresses, and then encourage each other to move forward.
- We’ll practice kindness and grace for ourselves and others alike.
These things are what will get us through the days and weeks to come. We hope you’ll practice a little of this as well and remember that we’re in it with you and are here for you, always.
With sisterly love,
Cathy & Lan